Following the successful implementation and completion of the scanning, processing and transfer of records for the 2014 municipal elections in Ecuador led by the National Electoral Council (CNE) ensuring the Ecuadorian citizens the right to secure, transparent and auditable votes, Scytl technology will once again be used in the upcoming local elections on Sunday March 23, 2014.
Scytl´s election platform is a strategic component of Ecuador´s end-to-end fully integrated election administration system, the key to the country´s election modernization process.
- December 2012: as the selected supplier of choice by the CNE, the initial steps of the implementation of Scytl´s election modernization platform are taken.
- February 2013: Scytl´s election modernization platform is used successfully in the national elections of 2013, ensuring security, transparency and speed in the vote counting process.
- February and March 2014: the modules for scanning, processing and transfer of records for the 2014 municipal elections are successfully implemented and leveraged for the process.
- March 2014: Scytl technology will be leveraged once again to support the new elections on Sunday March 23, 2014
- As of June 2014: the CNE will receive the modules that will complete the election modernization project being carried out in Ecuador.